Science and Society
Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Experiments filter Experiments
- (-) Remove Outreach filter Outreach
- (-) Remove Reproduction filter Reproduction
- (-) Remove Technologies filter Technologies
- Publications (1) Apply Publications filter
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 items.
Thesis: How Purported Scientific Failures Have Led to Advancements in IVF
By Whitney Alexandra Tuoti
This thesis shows us the history of how some of the first attempts at IVF in humans using various options such as donated egg cells and cryopreserved embryos, often ended in early miscarriages. At that time, most members of the scientific community and general public responded to those trials by regarding them as insignificant. In 1998, the success rate of women under the age of 38 having children with the use of IVF was 22.1%. Over time, scientists began to acknowledge those published findings that detailed various “failed” human IVF experiments.
Format: Essays and Theses
Subject: Publications, Technologies, Experiments, Reproduction, Outreach