Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Processes filter Processes
- Reproduction (3) Apply Reproduction filter
- Theories (3) Apply Theories filter
- Disorders (2) Apply Disorders filter
- Experiments (2) Apply Experiments filter
- Ethics (1) Apply Ethics filter
- Organisms (1) Apply Organisms filter
- Technologies (1) Apply Technologies filter
Displaying 26 - 26 of 26 items.
Homology is a central concept of comparative and evolutionary biology, referring to the presence of the same bodily parts (e.g., morphological structures) in different species. The existence of homologies is explained by common ancestry, and according to modern definitions of homology, two structures in different species are homologous if they are derived from the same structure in the common ancestor.
Format: Essays and Theses