Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Organizations filter Organizations
- Reproduction (17) Apply Reproduction filter
- Outreach (10) Apply Outreach filter
- Ethics (2) Apply Ethics filter
- Reproductive Health Arizona (2) Apply Reproductive Health Arizona filter
- Legal (1) Apply Legal filter
- People (1) Apply People filter
- Places (1) Apply Places filter
- Publications (1) Apply Publications filter
- Technologies (1) Apply Technologies filter
In 2010, Sophia and Paul Grinvalds founded the organization AFRIpads in Kampala, Uganda, to provide reusable cloth pads to menstruating women and girls throughout the country. At that time, the Grinvalds wanted to help implement better menstrual health and hygiene in Uganda to encourage women and girls to engage in work and school. While living in Kampala, in 2010, they employed Ugandan women to sew cloth pads daily and sell to others living in the local village.
Subject: Organizations, Reproduction, Outreach
No-scalpel vasectomy, or NSV or keyhole vasectomy, is a surgical method of sterilization that involves puncturing the skin of the scrotum to access the vas deferens, a tube that carries spermatozoa, or sperm, from the testes to the penis. The surgeon performing the procedure blocks the flow of sperm through the vas deferens, sterilizing the patient. NSV is a less invasive procedure, as it does not use a scalpel to make a deep cut on sensitive scrotal tissue.
Subject: Technologies, People, Organizations, Places, Reproduction