Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Legal filter Legal
- (-) Remove People filter People
- (-) Remove Reproduction filter Reproduction
- Religion (1) Apply Religion filter
Filter by Format
- (-) Remove Articles filter Articles
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 items.
Barry Morris Goldwater (1909–1998)
Barry Morris Goldwater was a Republican Arizona Senator and US presidential candidate in the twentieth-century whose policies supported the women's reproductive rights movement. Goldwater, a businessman and Air Force reservist, transitioned into politics in the 1950s. He helped align popular support for a conservative Republican Party in the 1960s. Throughout his life, he worked to maintain personal liberty and to limit governmental intrusion into citizens' private lives. Goldwater, influenced by his wife Margaret (Peggy) Goldwater, supported women's rights to abortions.
Subject: People, Reproduction, Legal, Religion