Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Disorders filter Disorders
- (-) Remove People filter People
- (-) Remove Technologies filter Technologies
- Organizations (1) Apply Organizations filter
Filter by Format
- (-) Remove Articles filter Articles
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 items.
Merck & Company's Development of Gardasil
In 2006, the United States branch of Merck & Co. received FDA approval for Gardasil, a human papillomavirus, or HPV, vaccine that protects against HPV and the cervical cancer that can come with it. In 1891, George F. Merck founded the US branch of the company to distribute chemicals with high purity for use in research, in New York City, New York, and other areas nearby. HPV is a common sexually transmitted infection that can cause genital warts, regular skin warts, cervical cancer, and other cancers.
Subject: Organizations, People, Technologies, Disorders