Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Ethics filter Ethics
- (-) Remove Legal filter Legal
- (-) Remove Outreach filter Outreach
- (-) Remove Reproduction filter Reproduction
Filter by Format
- (-) Remove Articles filter Articles
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 items.
Adolescent Family Life Act (1981)
The 1981 Adolescent Family Life Act, or AFLA, is a US federal law that provides federal funding to public and nonprofit private organizations to counsel adolescents to abstain from sex until marriage. AFLA was included under the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1981, which the US Congress signed into law that same year. Through the AFLA, the US Department of Health and Human Services, or HHS, funded a variety of sex education programs for adolescents to address the social and economic ramifications associated with pregnancy and childbirth among unmarried adolescents.
Subject: Legal, Outreach, Ethics, Reproduction