Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Organisms filter Organisms
- Processes (10) Apply Processes filter
- Theories (9) Apply Theories filter
- Experiments (6) Apply Experiments filter
- Ethics (2) Apply Ethics filter
- Reproduction (2) Apply Reproduction filter
- Technologies (2) Apply Technologies filter
- Disorders (1) Apply Disorders filter
- Legal (1) Apply Legal filter
- Publications (1) Apply Publications filter
Dissertation: Degeneration in Miniature: History of Cell Death and Aging Research in the Twentieth Century
Once perceived as an unimportant occurrence in living organisms, cell degeneration was reconfigured as an important biological phenomenon in development, aging, health, and diseases in the twentieth century. This dissertation tells a twentieth-century history of scientific investigations on cell degeneration, including cell death and aging.
Format: Essays and Theses
The Southern Gastric-Brooding Frog
The Southern Gastric-Brooding Frog (Rheobatrachus silus) was an aquatic frog that lived in south-east Australia. In 2002, the International Union for Conservation of Nature Red List declared the frog extinct, although no wild specimens had been reported since 1981. As the common name alludes to, the R.