Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Organisms filter Organisms
- (-) Remove Technologies filter Technologies
- (-) Remove Theories filter Theories
- Processes (1) Apply Processes filter
Filter by Format
- (-) Remove Graphics filter Graphics
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 items.
Jelly Fish and Green Fluorescent Protein
The crystal jellyfish, Aequorea victoria, produces and emits light, called bioluminescence. Its DNA codes for sequence of 238 amino acids that forms a protein called Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP). FP is folded so that a part of the protein, called the chromophore, is located in the center of the protein. The chemical structure of the chromophore emits a green fluorescence when exposed to light in the range of blue to ultraviolet.
Subject: Theories, Processes, Organisms, Technologies