Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Ethics filter Ethics
- (-) Remove Organizations filter Organizations
- (-) Remove Processes filter Processes
- People (1) Apply People filter
Filter by Format
- (-) Remove Articles filter Articles
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 items.
Biological Sex and Gender in the United States
In the United States, most people are assigned both a biological sex and gender at birth based on their chromosomes and reproductive organs. However, there is an important distinction between biological sex and gender. Biological sex, such as male, female, or intersex, commonly refers to physical characteristics. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviors, and actions people take on, usually in relation to expectations of masculinity or femininity. As of 2022, there is disagreement over the relation between sex and gender.
Subject: Organizations, People, Processes, Ethics