Filter by Topic
- (-) Remove Ethics filter Ethics
- (-) Remove Experiments filter Experiments
- (-) Remove People filter People
- (-) Remove Technologies filter Technologies
Filter by Format
- (-) Remove Articles filter Articles
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1 items.
HeLa Cell Line
The HeLa cell line was the first immortal human cell line that George Otto Gey, Margaret Gey, and Mary Kucibek first isolated from Henrietta Lacks and developed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, in 1951. An immortal human cell line is a cluster of cells that continuously multiply on their own outside of the human from which they originated. Scientists use immortal human cell lines in their research to investigate how cells function in humans.
Subject: Technologies, Experiments, People, Ethics