Places

Woods Hole Railway Station

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

Valise on right (open) was the "Drosophila bag"

Created 1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Bell Tower Millfield Street

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

The Bell Tower with Richard Huettner in doorway

Created 1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

View from Bell Tower across from Eel Pond

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

MBL from across Eel Pond. The large brick building to the right is comprised of Crane and Lillie and immediately to the left is the Supply House with the Candle House behind. Taken in the early 1930's

Created 1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Rear of Sam Cahoon's Dock

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

4 unknown men processing fish. Child in the foreground is Robert Huettner

Created 1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Woods Hole Depot

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

Woods Hole railroad depot - 1930. Satchel bag in foreground for carrying glass pint bottles of Drosophila flies to Columbia University for continuing research. Mary Huettner, Richard and Robert Huettner in foreground near satchel.

Created 1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Bell Tower Millfield Street

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

The Bell Tower with Richard Huettner in foreground

Created 1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Rear of Sam Cahoon's Dock

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

4 unknown men processing fish. Child in the foreground is Robert Huettner

Created 1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Sam Cahoon's Dock

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

Ships at dock in Woods Hole

Created 1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Naples, Italy

By Federica Turriziani Colonna

The Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn (Anton Dohrn Zoological Station) is a public research institute focusing on biology and biodiversity. Hereafter called the Station, it was founded in Naples, Italy, in 1872 by Anton Dohrn. The type of research conducted at the Station has varied since it was created, though initial research focused on embryology. At the turn of the twentieth century, researchers at the Station established the sea urchin (Echinoidea) as a model organism for embryological research.

Created 2014-12-22

Last modified 2 years 3 months ago

Format: Articles

Looking East on Water Street

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

Looking east on Water Street

Created c1919-1923

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Collecting ship "Cayadetta"

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

Collecting ship "Cayadetta"

Created c1930

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Robert Huettner with Dr. & Mrs. William P. Procter

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

Robert Huettner as a child with Dr. and Mrs. William P. Procter behind

Created early 1930s

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Backyard of Thomas Hunt Morgan's home in Woods Hole

By Alfred F. (Alfred Francis) Huettner

Morgan's house, backyard

Created late 1910s

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Boat

image/jpg black and white image reformatted digital

Created undated

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Field and buildings

image/jpg black and white image reformatted digital

Created undated

Last modified 3 years 6 months ago

Format: Photographs

Man in front of tree

image/jpg black and white image reformatted digital

Created undated

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Road lined with buildings

image/jpg black and white image reformatted digital

Created undated

Last modified 1 year 5 months ago

Format: Photographs

Man in front of water

image/jpg black and white image reformatted digital

Created undated

Last modified 1 year 7 months ago

Format: Photographs

Pages